Understand the differences and similarities between Norton 360, Norton Internet Security, and Norton AntiVirus
Norton Security can protect Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices, though not all features are available on all platforms.Symantec donates three Norton security product:
- Norton AntiVirus (abbreviated in this article as NAV) is that the basic security package. It provides protection against viruses and spyware.
- Norton Internet Security (NIS) provides the same protection as NAV with further safety features like protection against spam, a software firewall, and features that create net water sport safer (such as Safe net, Safe Web for Facebook, parental controls, and Identity Safe).
- Norton 360 provides the security features of NIS and adds tools to copy your information, fix common computer issues, free up memory, remove extra files, and clean up the disk drive.
Remember that you would like a variety of security technologies to adequately defend your charity’s computers and information, and each user must take responsibility for his or her net behavior. To help you develop your non-profit-making or library’s security program, forum threads, news items, and vendor-specific advice for securing your computers and protective your organization. We conjointly encourage you to browse. you can realize a variety of security product and services for individual computers and enterprises, donated by Symantec and our alternative partners.
All Three Programs Have Antivirus and Anti spyware
Antivirus and antispyware package shield from malicious software. The differences between them ar refined.
- Antivirus software protects against the sorts of threats that get to infect the pc and ultimately infect as several computers as potential. These threats include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, botnets, and rootkits.
- Antispyware package protects against software that in secret resides in your pc, collecting data concerning users and their computers with while not applicable notice and consent. Spyware can collect something you kind, your messaging and browsing behavior, and your online preferences. Unlike viruses, spyware tends to stay place and does not use your pc to infect alternative computers.
Norton applications scan for all these styles of threats during file transfer, program installation, email and instant message operations, and file copy operations, and when pictures and alternative files ar other to your browser cache. Norton also scans your existing files on a regular basis. If the scan operation finds problems, default settings automatically take away the threat, if possible, and notify you.
NIS and 360 provide alternative capabilities that would possibly be helpful to nonprofits and libraries. For example:
- Parental managements management provides a link from within the control center to the Norton on-line family web site, either the free version or the paid version.
- Norton Identity Safe provides storage in your cloud space for usernames and passwords.