Norton Antivirus is fully compatible with Windows 10 starting with version 22.214.171.124 released on July 20, 2015. Many a times situation occurs when your system starts showing errors or bugs when running Norton on Windows 10, and you need a technical advice to rectify this.
Every software suite has advantages and disadvantages and we need to understand to remain continue working with that. Not everything is perfect & error free, sometimes users do report Norton errors which prevent them from using the antivirus on their Windows 10.
In this article, we have listed the most frequent Norton antivirus problems and errors users encounter with their Windows. We have also mentioned the fixes to rectify those errors manually by yourself or with the help of Norton 360 Support Helpline available 24×7.
You upgraded to Windows 10, but unable to find Norton
If this is the problem faced by you too, follow these simple steps:
- First you should Download Norton’s fix tool from web.
- Right-click on the exe. file and select Run as Administrator.
- A windows will appear, stating that “an updated version of Norton Antivirus is about to be installed.”
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
- If the update window doesn’t appear, go to your Norton account NORTON.COM and install the antivirus from there. Follow the next steps below:
- Login to your account
- Go to Setup > Download Norton
- Click Agree & Download.
You upgraded to Windows 10, and your Norton won’t launch anyhow
To resolve such issues, follow these steps:
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. If you have any other Norton software installed, uninstall the program before you download this tool.
- Double-click the tool’s icon & accept the license terms.
- Click Remove & Reinstall > select Continue.
- Click Restart Now to finish the uninstall process.
- After the restart, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall your Norton antivirus.
Your Norton keeps on displaying the message: “Install an updated version of your Norton product for Windows 10”
Facing this issue? Don’t worry, just follow the instructions below:
- Download Norton’s fix tool as run it as described above in problem 2.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, and follow the steps mentioned in the above problem steps.
- If facing Activation issue with your installed Norton, contact Norton activation support on below toll free numbers.
Getting Norton Error: 3048, 3
This error appears when the latest Norton antivirus update hasn’t been downloaded. To resolve it, follow:
- Launch Norton.
- Go to Security > LiveUpdate.
- Wait for the update to finish and click OK.
- Run LiveUpdate until the message “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates” appears to the screen.
- Restart the computer.
Getting Norton Errors 8506,421 and 3039, 65559
- Restart your computer.
- Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and follow the on-screen indications to remove the antivirus and install it again.
- If this doesn’t solve the problem, download and run Norton Power Eraser & follow:
- Double click the NPE.exe file.
- Click Yes or Continue > accept the license agreement.
- In the Norton Power Eraser window, select Unwanted Application Scan.
- When the scan is complete, the results are displayed in the Unwanted Apps Scan Complete window.
- Click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart the computer.
Getting Norton Error 8505, 129
- Check the Network proxy settings
- Type “Internet options” in the search bar and then press Enter > the Internet options window is launched.
- Go to the Connections tab > select LAN settings.
- In the LAN settings box, ensure that none of the Proxy server boxes are selected.
- Click OK > Apply > OK.
- Configure network connection settings on Windows
- Go to Network and sharing center
- Right-click the active network adapter > left-click Properties.
- In the Network Connection Properties window > go to This connection uses the following items > click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click Properties.
- In the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the two Norton ConnectSafe IP addresses:
- Preferred DNS: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS: 188.8.131.52
- Click OK.
You can also read about Norton Product Error: “8504” & “104”
If this action doesn’t solve the issue, run a scan with Norton Power Eraser or call toll free to Support for Norton.
Get Support for Norton 24×7 Toll Free
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to call on our Norton tech support and get fix various PC problems, OS compatibility issues, file loss, malware and hardware failure etc. through our experienced technicians. Our well versed technicians are experienced to resolve all issues related to Norton activation support, Norton configuration, Norton installation & setup.
Our Norton toll free numbers are 1-800-445-2810 (USA), +61-1800-769-903 (Aus), +44-800-046-5700 (UK).
Disclaimer: We are an independent provider of remote technical support for software and peripheral devices. We have no affiliation with any of third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. We collect information from the user but we never share the information to other parties. This information is so valuable for us. The use of any third party trademarks, logos, or brand names is for informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement by us or vice versa. If you find any kind of deceitful things present on our website then please inform us.